Viva Podcast....olé!
We talked a lot about podcasting. I hope they don't mind me mentioning them here. I won't kiss and tell all, but I will say that I found it funny that they consider themselves to be second generation podcasters. And they started their podcast 2 whole months after the likes of Dan Klass, whom they consider "first generation."
Very modest, you two, but I don't buy it. I do take to heart that podcasting is fast moving and histories are collecting faster than a traveling sandstorm, but you guys cannot be second generation. What would that make me? tenth generation? twentieth generation? one-hundred-and-twenty-seventh gen? Does it really matter?
The modesty is very endearing, which is why you're high in my book. But I think that you have lots of experience under your belts, and that you're willing to share with other podcasters is yet another quality what makes you cool. So there. OK? There it is.
I suppose you think I'm getting paid to write these great accolades, or perhaps that I expect payment later. Sorry, you're wrong. I'm just documenting it as I see it. I'm writing it for my own selfish desire to recall my impressions after some time has passed and I can see how this process has evolved.
Meeting L&G (& little M) was so inspiring and so helpful to defining what I want to do with my show and what I hope to get out of podcasting. And getting to know other podcasters is really fantastic. What is so attractive about this endeavor is that there are podcasters who are everyday people. (Kumbayaah music track starts now) So approachable. Who have a similar desire of wanting to create a community through the internet.
I have this hangup that I'm doing it out of a need for recognition or compensating for a lack of self-esteem. I certainly hope that's not why I'm doing it. I just want to see what it's about. It makes me scared to speak my thoughts into the mike, "on the air". And I'd like to get over that.
I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "Speak up, even of your voice shakes or cracks." So this is a step in my own self-growth. How crunchy-granola is that? I should get over myself, I mean, it's just a podcast. What's the big deal. It's not brain surgery. But I can't help it. I'm neurotic. See, this is my own version of bungee-cord jumping, for all of you out there who are thrill-seekers...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home