Tire Technology
I explained apologetically that I was looking at the tire and how narrow it was. And how far tire technology has come since back then. He softened up after seeing I had authentic interest in his car and that I wasn't out to vandalize his baby-blue baby. He told me those tires were reproductions, but then pointed to the spare, hitched to the back of the car, and said that THAT was an original tire. I said, that I supposed it they didn't get much traction being so narrow. He said that the car doesn't go so fast, so it isn't so dangerous, but that it can get slippery.
I asked him if he was going on his Sunday drive, and he said he was. I paused and thought to myself, "I wonder, is this an Interesting Person?"
Realizing that I was standing there with my mouth open while I was thinking, "Would he be willing to do an interview?" I finally blurted out if he knew what podcasting was? He said, no. I told him that it was like amateur radio over the internet and that I was doing my homework to do my own show, where I wanted to interview people who were doing interesting things. Would he be interested in doing an interview?
So what did he say? He said yes! That I could come and see his other cars! So I got a pad of paper out of my car and got his contact info. Ends up his name is L---. He had an accent I couldn't place, but I would guess he's northern Italian. He was pretty mellow. I asked if he was in any car clubs. He said he used to be, but didn't have much time for that anymore. I introduced myself, thanked him and told him I'd be in contact. Maybe he is the great-great-grandson of Alfa Romero.
Nah.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home